Monday, August 6, 2007

Muse Monday (numero dos) Kristen



Kristen

I met her on my first day of college at our dorm orientation. We went around the room introducing ourselves and there she was. First, her name was Kristen (Kritty is short for Kristin), she's from Cleveland (I'm from Cleveland) and she said "This isn't really my hair, I have long hair." ?! LOL - She had short hair. Needless to say, I was drawn to her instantly and she quickly became my best friend, and her real hair grew back (she had had a bad perm and had to chop it off). Oh, the adventures and mischeif. I can't divulge any specifics incase our kids should read this and use it as blackmail. Too fun.

Over the years we've stayed in touch and I've imposed myself on her here and there. Even stayed in her attic for a whole month with my then 3 year old Sofi!!

Kristen is an amazing artist and woman!
She is a source of inspiration.
Muse? YES!
She does everything with passion: creating art, loving and caring for her family, cooking for 20+ even if there is only 3 at the table ;), playing, enjoying nature, etc. Just the most passionate, fun, inspiring, witty human on earth. I can't possibly gush out all the love I have for her in a 'blog'

This past weekend I went flew to Chicago as did 2 of her other friends to surprise my fellow Kristen. We met her in a limo and off we went to the W and took advantage of time together without kids! and all Chicago had to offer. It was an amazing 48 hours. (Did I mention she married a great man, who thought of this great idea!!??)
She was greeted in Chicago by girlfriends...

she was serenaded....
She was shining like the goddess she is ;)...

Our mantra is 'be the best Kristen you can be' and there is nothing like reaffirming that in person!

She has returned to Cleveland, Mary to Athens, Ellen to Ohio as well, me to LA. Remembering to stay 'focused', 'live a little everyday', a 'full life is better than a skimpy one', trust in yourself and your creative vision, and so much more. My friend!! I wish I could see her all the time, but I'll take what I can get, but 4 years is really too long to go without seeing your best friend!
Her worry jars, c. 1993
travel :: health :: home



No comments: