Monday, September 3, 2007

Re-vamped Typewriter




Re-vamped Typewriter, originally uploaded by Linkkritty.

It's okay if you like Disney, if it's okay that I don't like Disney. I just don't like the whole Mickey Mouse Empire. And you know what? They don't need me to like them. They are a force to be reckoned with. So, this was a Disney, Mickey Mouse typewriter a teacher was throwing away and I saw the hidden potential :) I brought it home and decorated it with labels I made in MS Word and then, the piece de la resistance, Sarah's stamps from the Small Object. Her woodland creature set. I love these and I need more!!! But now this little typewriter can live at our house, now that Mickey and his friends are covered up. The little Q. loves it, and I like it too. :)

8 comments:

Chickengirl said...

alright! This revamped typewriter looks so much better than if it was mickey mouse. I don't really like the whole disney stuff myself. So this is perfect.

Amy said...

Yes, this is great! Now... does it "work"? :) Love the stamps - and your labels!

Rachel H. (burb_mama) said...

Oh! This is so COOL! What a fantastic idea (and with such cool stamps! :) My mom has a Mickey driving thing at her house ... I may have to steal this idea. :)

kritty said...

and it does indeed work (dings and pieces move...) And Burb Mama- do it and post the result :)

hsing3kinder said...

So great.
Way to go! I love the woodland creatures~! Heading over there now,
~Kris

cheryl said...

what a clever idea! SO cute! (not a mickey fan either - there are no princesses in our house.)

the mothership said...

You never cease to amaze me, SuperKritter. When DO you find the time (and energy?) I always love dropping by for inspiration... you make artwork out of motherhood.

Dee Light said...

I don't really have a problem with Disney, but I do think your version of the typewriter looks much cuter than the original!!! Great Idea!!!